We want your alpaca wool garment to have a long and happy life. For this to happen, we recommend that you follow the care instructions specific to your article of clothing.
We have divided our alpaca care guide into three sections Hand Washing, Dry Clean Only, and Machine Washing items.
How to Hand Wash your Alpaca Garment
- Prep: Make your alpaca garment inside-out and put in a mesh bag to protect from pulls.
- Pre-Soak: Dissolve a mild detergent (or shampoo) in warm water and soak the sweater for a few minutes.
- Wash: Gently press to allow the water to flush through the fiber. Do not rub as it would felt the fiber. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- Rinse: Rinse several times until the water is clear. Press excess water. Wrap heavier items (like an alpaca sweater) in a towel and press gently to get as much water out as possible.
- Dry: Lay flat to dry in its natural shape
How to Machine Wash your Alpaca Garment
- Make it inside-out
- Insert it in a mesh bag
- Use a gentle soap
- Wash in the cold setting
- Select the delicate cycle
- Lay flat to dry in its natural shape
Most definitely do not:
- Do not use hot water.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Do not use bleach.
- Do not use the dryer.